Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worldbuilding - Name That Town!

+4
Angie
Corinne
Ruthie
Dan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Worldbuilding Worldbuilding - Name That Town!

Post by Dan Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:01 pm

Okay, so the Role-playing Thread was getting a little cluttered and I didn't want to overwhelm anyone with my verbosity so . . .

What's the name of our town? I've been calling it Testam but I think that's a stupid name. Are there any other suggestions?

How about Goscite? (Old English for ghost-city) What think ye all?

Last edited by Dan on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

https://thewritinggroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Worldbuilding Re: Worldbuilding - Name That Town!

Post by Ruthie Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:21 pm

I think yer onto summat with a name loik that, mate Smile lol... oh great, I am talking like the moles in Redwall Smile yay!!!
but seriously, love the name.. in fact, that could be mentioned in the book's beginning:
"...The village's name was Goscite, which meant Ghost City in the old tongue, but everyone tried hard to forget that part" <-- Very Happy
One Question: should the book just be excerpts from each character's perspective? or should it be in normal story format? or, should it sound like someone is narrating it?
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:29 am

Yeah, I like Goscite better than Testam which kind of reminded me of...tests. haha
Goscite sounds like...ghost sight or ghost cite, yes?

But if you want more suggestions, I'm playing around with google translate. Here are a few ways to say ghost in other languages (If Google is telling the truth).
Fantasma
Spirito
Ombra
Duch
Widmo
Moroi

Maybe we could put them together somehow. Spirio, Moasma, Widuh, Fantara, etc.

Ruthie, I'm totally down for third person omniscient. Suspect
Corinne
Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:58 am

How about if we changed the spelling/pronunciation to something like: Gaskité. Then it's kind of like "casket" too. Twisted Evil

Fantasma: I like Fantasma, but I think it's been done before.
Ombra: This definitely has possibilities. Especially since it's related to the Latin umbra, shadow.
Moroi: I really like this one. Especially after Googling it. My only reservation is that I'd like to keep all of our story attached to a specific folklore. So like, Moroi is Romanian but Castle Cair sounds more English/Scottish. What do you guys think? If I'm being over-controlling, you can tell me. (Then of course I'll ban you. Smile Razz )

@Ruthie/Skye. I agree with what Corinne said: Third person past tense omniscient works for me. Smile Also italic thoughts are permitted. 

Speaking of the town, does anyone want to draw a map of it. ? I think all of us should and then post them and see what we get. Smile Even if you just striggle (my word) a few lines in paint and add some text, it'll be cool to see what everyone comes up with. Smile
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm for either Goscite or Moroi (although, how do you pronounce it?)
Ombra is good, but it's been done. (Inkheart, anyone? Although that wasn't such a big deal... I'd still feel like I was copying)

A map, now that's be interesting, since, if anyone's noticed, our town seems to different for every author, or at least time period-wise.
I mean, we talk about a tavern, then we mention how someone is stacking cans in the grocery store. Not a problem, just interesting. Smile
Here's an idea for the town- Could we have trains? Please? alien
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Angie wrote:A map, now that's be interesting, since, if anyone's noticed, our town seems to different for every author, or at least time period-wise.
I mean, we talk about a tavern, then we mention how someone is stacking cans in the grocery store. Not a problem, just interesting. Smile
Here's an idea for the town- Could we have trains? Please? alien
Trains? Of course there're trains! Loads of them! Whoever heard of a medieval town not having trains? / : ) Then again, I suppose we could stretch and say that the people discovered steam power before, say, gunpowder or electricity. 

Also, as long as we're trying to get everyone together on the same page, how about an outline? We also need ideas for where the story is gonna go next. Like, what is the search party gonna do when they find out Lady Maeve isn't at the river outpost? And will Ren and the others find her there at the castle? If so, does that mean other people have been kidnapped or was she the only one? And how do we get rid of the Reapers?
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:14 pm

I even read Inkheart, and I don't remember Ombra. Ahhhh I don't remember what I reeaaad. Sad

I made a crude drawing of the world, but I can't seem to figure out how to upload it. Anyway, here is what I'm thinking about this town:

Name: Goscite/Moroi/whateverelsewecomeupwith
Climate: Cool summers and supercold winters.
Population: 204 Question
Culture: Earth medieval except for a few things that come from the city. The city tries to "take care" of the towns by providing them with food, so that is where the modern cans come from. The city is like what NYC might look like in 100 years(and it's in the middle of the world which looks like an island, btw) Super futuristic with the jet-packs and the teleporation devices and the brain chips and whatnot. Shocked
If we choose one Earth folklore to run with in our world, then the dress and food should work with that folklore. I was thinking along the lines of "each town has its own culture, and our town wants to stay medieval so it does not ask for anything from the city but food." Agh if I had my map to show you all this would make a lot more sense. Neutral

Wildlife: Anything from dogs to dragons, but the fantasy creatures are rarer than the present-day Earth creatures. The city prefers to keep the fantasy animals out.
Living: Since there are only two roads according to Dan, the road closer to the ocean is more commercial such as the tavern, inn, general store, blacksmith, clothes store, etc. The other road is all housing. At the end of the road going towards the ocean is the complex that Erin described. Further from the ocean are apartment-like buildings that rise 5-6 stories. In the surrounding forest, there are cottages that some people prefer to live in (like Cyrus' grandmother).
Transportation: Trains connect every town and they all meet at the city. Our townspeople walk or take the train to get places...or ride on unicorns or something. Wink

I know I probably forgot something or totally disregarded what someone else had established before me. Sorry. >.<

Begin amending process!
Corinne
Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:10 pm

All aboard for the first train to Goscite... *whistle blows* TOOOOT, TOOOOOT!!!! lol Very Happy
@Dan and Corinne:
I'm fine with that. I think it's always easier to let the 3rd person take the rap, right? Smile
I did actually picture this whole place as sort of a medieval, almost like in Willow (a movie by George Lucas that has some pretty impressive landscapes), and sooo happy that dragons are allowed in Smile
Addition:
political standards? What do they have for rulers? Is there a king?
Also, what should the culture be? or should we just make it up as we go along? Whatever fits medieval standards.
I always thinks Medieval stories/settings are the best sunny
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Corinne wrote:I made a crude drawing of the world, but I can't seem to figure out how to upload it.
Um . . . You've got me. If you can't attach it to the post (below the editing box) do you have an image hosting account like PhotoBucket? Failing that you can try creating your own album in the gallery but it seems not everyone can see in there. (The "upload pic" button is hard to find. Click here.)

Since everyone seems to be okay with Goscite how should we pronounce it? I vote gos-sit-ay ("o" as in "box").

Population: I'm really awful with numbers but maybe 166?

Corinne wrote:Culture: Earth medieval except for a few things that come from the city. The city tries to "take care" of the towns by providing them with food, so that is where the modern cans come from. The city is like what NYC might look like in 100 years(and it's in the middle of the world which looks like an island, btw) Super futuristic with the jet-packs and the teleporation devices and the brain chips and whatnot. Shocked
If we choose one Earth folklore to run with in our world, then the dress and food should work with that folklore. I was thinking along the lines of "each town has its own culture, and our town wants to stay medieval so it does not ask for anything from the city but food."
Shocked Woah. I'm so lost. It's a cool idea but the only way we could get it to work is if we came up with a really good reason why the city developed so fast that it left everyone else in the dust. One idea is that the city is inhabited by extraterrestrials but I really don't want to imitate Avatar. Plus extraterrestrials don't belong in the same story as Elves. Razz It's just not right.
Wildlife sounds good to me. Smile

Living: Wow. We all will probably come up with very different ideas about the layout: Here's mine: The city isn't near the ocean anymore, well, it is, but it's nestled into mountains and the ocean is on the other side. The two streets are kind of in an el shape. I don't really know where the houses are. :p The Warren is in the northern section of the town. I just keep thinking of my brother's description of his girlfriend's town in Ireland: "There're two streets and six pubs." Very Happy
Economy: What keeps the town running? Is it mining? That's easy for mountains, how about logging? Or is it something to do with the ghosts? Like, do the people there sell nether-world artifacts to people?

Pardon my lack of eloquence, but this thread is really exciting. Smile

I'll try to upload my (very basic) map of the town some time today.

Edit: Here it is! Smile It's pretty awful, so go ahead and nitpick. Smile I'm sure there's a better way to do it so let me know and I'll move stuff around.

Worldbuilding - Name That Town! Map10
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:17 am

Wow, Dan, look how pretty your map is. I think I'm going to quietly shove my drawing under my dirty laundry. Suspect
I like your design and I can work with it. That's all I really care about. haha

With gos-sit-ay, which syllables are being accented?

166 is fine with me. I don't have a preference for population. Very Happy

Oh dear, now I have to defend my idea. Okay let's see...I'm going to make all of this up on the spot and hopefully something good will come out of it.

Once upon a time in this world that our characters are inhabiting, there were many small villages that thrived with medieval customs. As time went on, technology started to develop in all of the villages, but there was dissent in some of the villages. They did not want to adopt the technology because they were happy and set in their medieval ways. Goscite especially did not want to change because there were ghostly ancestors living in the village and they did not want to see their dear town change before their ghosty eyes. There was only one town that embraced the changing technology and that town developed in the only city in the whole world. Then there was a CIVIL WAR OF DOOM. City says, "WE HAVE BIGGER WEAPONS AND WE WILL MAKE YOU PART OF US!" The medieval towns joined forces and fought the city and lost terribly, but in the end there was an agreement. The medieval towns could live however they wanted to as long as they didn't cause any harm to the city, and the townspeople were supposed to keep the fantasy creatures out of the city walls. The city decided that they didn't want anything from the other towns because they could survive with everything that they had right there in the city or on the outskirts.
This all happened hundreds of years ago and it's just history. All of the civilizations live in peace currently.

Heck, I don't know. Razz
I picture myself throwing my ideas (which look like sparkly pieces of torn up paper) into the air and waiting for them to either burst into a dazzling flower shower or explode and kill innocent birdstanders (birds + by.....standers.....haaa no...moving on Arrow )

We could chop off the technology of the main city and just make it one huge medieval city with a castle and whatnot for a king. And speaking of rulers...

Ruthie, so far I haven't thought about a ruler so I guess I think there isn't one (if we went along with the high-tech city thing). That might not be the best way to go, but I suppose people would just live how they wanted too. haha NO RULES YAAAAAY

Economy: Goscite could be settled near a mine that carries an ore that isn't found anywhere else in the world. The ocean can be used for fishing if we're close enough.

Anyway, I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to medieval times, so culture can be handled by someone else.

Bah! (In other words, take it away, people).
Corinne
Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:30 am

Gosh, you guys..... does it really have to make this much sense?

Maybe their industrial revolution is hampered by the fact that the ghosts don't really want to see the town change, and as they are at least half of the "population", it stays that way, for the most part. I'm pretty much picturing Goscite (is this official?) as a little Medieval town, or kinda more like London in the Fire of London days, so a lot of wood, but with trains like they have in "Batman Begins", not the chugga-chugga kind. But whatever, you know? We all kinda interpret it different.

Government? I don't think our government should go beyond mayor or governor. I figure, if they're not going to be involved in the story, then why mention them? You know what, I think I am cramping your guys' style. Crying or Very sad
Economy- weren't we doing something involving the ghosts?
Location- I don't know, I kinda had it pictured out in the middle of some dusty plains in the middle of nowhere, but with a forest and a river nearby. It must be because we've kinda made it a ghost town, pardon the pun.

@ Corinne- Well, techinically (and this might be why you don't remember), it's in Inkspell and Inkdeath. It's the city where the Laughing Prince (aka the Prince of Sighs) lives, and Cosimo the Fair, and her Ugliness, and I think Fenoglio too.
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:49 am

Corinne, what kind of creature is your avatar? It looks like a dog or a cat... but it's really cute Smile
@Angie- that's what I thought. Monarchy or anything like that wasn't mentioned Smile not that I mind, monarch's are (for the most part) overrated

I actually pictured the village more Like a harbor town, shrouded in mists (new fave word) Idea I did picture a dusty main road, but that's all I had about dustiness. I don't think it should look like a wasteland, tho (what say you? haha, aragorn's moment of truth) And the wooded sections I pictured more like what would be found in Scotland, where they have those lush greeny sections that look like fairy gardens? In a way, that's how the woods could look....
Creatures, now... (I sold my dragon Very Happy and have replaced it with a cat ) anyone oppose the sighting of griffins and basilisks? unicorns could probably draw the search parties onward when they feel like giving up...
elves and fairies? maybe brownies? (Ok, maybe not...)
confused sunny Sleep
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:29 am

Dan wrote:
I just keep thinking of my brother's description of his girlfriend's town in Ireland: "There're two streets and six pubs." Very Happy
Actually it's four roads and thirteen pubs! Not even counting the one that closed down recently. Razz

Angie wrote:Gosh, you guys..... does it really have to make this much sense?
Of course it does, especially since we're going to make a three hundred page apiece, six-book saga!

Ruthie wrote:
I actually pictured the village more Like a harbor town, shrouded in mists (new fave word) Idea I did picture a dusty main road, but that's all I had about dustiness.

Logically, if it's shrouded in mist, then the roads can't be dusty because they are constantly moist...unless it's magic dust so it can be dusty on moist days! What a superpower! Razz Sorry, I just had a little too much fun with that one. Razz Oh, and by the way: YOU PEOPLE NEED TO MAKE SHORTER POSTS!! It's insane trying to quote you on an IPod! Laughing
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:13 am

Corinne wrote:Wow, Dan, look how pretty your map is. I think I'm going to quietly shove my drawing under my dirty laundry. Suspect
I like your design and I can work with it. That's all I really care about. haha
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Smile
Corinne wrote:
With gos-sit-ay, which syllables are being accented?
I think the stress is on the last syllable. gos-sit-AY. Actually, now that I'm looking at it, I've been saying it in my head as: gos-site. (liike the English word "site") Now I'm all indecisive. Sad
Corinne wrote:
166 is fine with me. I don't have a preference for population. Very Happy

Oh dear, now I have to defend my idea. Okay let's see...I'm going to make all of this up on the spot and hopefully something good will come out of it.

Once upon a time in this world that our characters are inhabiting, there were many small villages that thrived with medieval customs. As time went on, technology started to develop in all of the villages, but there was dissent in some of the villages. They did not want to adopt the technology because they were happy and set in their medieval ways. Goscite especially did not want to change because there were ghostly ancestors living in the village and they did not want to see their dear town change before their ghosty eyes. There was only one town that embraced the changing technology and that town developed in the only city in the whole world. Then there was a CIVIL WAR OF DOOM. City says, "WE HAVE BIGGER WEAPONS AND WE WILL MAKE YOU PART OF US!" The medieval towns joined forces and fought the city and lost terribly, but in the end there was an agreement. The medieval towns could live however they wanted to as long as they didn't cause any harm to the city, and the townspeople were supposed to keep the fantasy creatures out of the city walls. The city decided that they didn't want anything from the other towns because they could survive with everything that they had right there in the city or on the outskirts.
This all happened hundreds of years ago and it's just history. All of the civilizations live in peace currently.

Heck, I don't know. Razz
I picture myself throwing my ideas (which look like sparkly pieces of torn up paper) into the air and waiting for them to either burst into a dazzling flower shower or explode and kill innocent birdstanders (birds + by.....standers.....haaa no...moving on Arrow )

We could chop off the technology of the main city and just make it one huge medieval city with a castle and whatnot for a king.
Laughing I still kinda like the idea, but I don't think the world is ready for inter-genre stories. Although I like the idea of the ghosts preserving the town and maybe they also protect it and that's why the technology people haven't taken it over already. But I still prefer what you said about a big central medieval city with a castle and everything.[quote="Corinne]Ruthie, so far I haven't thought about a ruler so I guess I think there isn't one (if we went along with the high-tech city thing). That might not be the best way to go, but I suppose people would just live how they wanted too. haha NO RULES YAAAAAY

Economy: Goscite could be settled near a mine that carries an ore that isn't found anywhere else in the world. The ocean can be used for fishing if we're close enough.[/quote] I like it. Smile Maybe there'll be fishing expeditions that people take for like, a month, where they climb down the mountain to get to the sea.

Angie wrote:Maybe their industrial revolution is hampered by the fact that the ghosts don't really want to see the town change, and as they are at least half of the "population", it stays that way, for the most part. I'm pretty much picturing Goscite (is this official?) as a little Medieval town, or kinda more like London in the Fire of London days, so a lot of wood, but with trains like they have in "Batman Begins", not the chugga-chugga kind. But whatever, you know? We all kinda interpret it different.
That's what I'm thinking, but less populated. So most of the buildings are only one story high.
Angie wrote:Government? I don't think our government should go beyond mayor or governor. I figure, if they're not going to be involved in the story, then why mention them? You know what, I think I am cramping your guys' style. Crying or Very sad
Economy- weren't we doing something involving the ghosts?
Location- I don't know, I kinda had it pictured out in the middle of some dusty plains in the middle of nowhere, but with a forest and a river nearby. It must be because we've kinda made it a ghost town, pardon the pun.
Government- I agree that it won't go into the story, but I like top-to-bottom building better because then we can be sure we're being congruous, you know. Maybe we are kinda going overboard, though. Smile
Economy- Let's just go with both: Netherworld trading and mining (and occasional fishing trips).

Ruthie wrote:I actually pictured the village more Like a harbor town, shrouded in mists (new fave word) Idea I did picture a dusty main road, but that's all I had about dustiness. I don't think it should look like a wasteland, tho (what say you? haha, aragorn's moment of truth) And the wooded sections I pictured more like what would be found in Scotland, where they have those lush greeny sections that look like fairy gardens? In a way, that's how the woods could look....
Creatures, now... (I sold my dragon Very Happy and have replaced it with a cat ) anyone oppose the sighting of griffins and basilisks? unicorns could probably draw the search parties onward when they feel like giving up...
elves and fairies? maybe brownies? (Ok, maybe not...)
confused sunny Sleep
I think we should hold off on the mythological for now until we know what kind of story we're writing. I think we all have a different idea of what genre we're writing so we should just kind of stick with regular ghosts for now. What do you guys think?
(And I still don't know what a basilisk is. Laughing )
Also, we should take a vote: Harbor town or Mountain town? It's up to you guys. Smile

Harbor: Ruthie,
Mountain: Dan,

Denis wrote:
Angie wrote:Gosh, you guys..... does it really have to make this much sense?
Of course it does, especially since we're going to make a three hundred page apiece, six-book saga!
Exactly! And those pages are going to be full 8x11 with a 10pt font! Cool Denis is the only one with real vision around here. Razz

Denis wrote:
Ruthie wrote:I actually pictured the village more Like a harbor town, shrouded in mists (new fave word) Idea I did picture a dusty main road, but that's all I had about dustiness.

Logically, if it's shrouded in mist, then the roads can't be dusty because they are constantly moist...unless it's magic dust so it can be dusty on moist days! What a superpower! Razz Sorry, I just had a little too much fun with that one. Razz Oh, and by the way: YOU PEOPLE NEED TO MAKE SHORTER POSTS!! It's insane trying to quote you on an IPod! Laughing
Laughing
Can you do "citation multiple" on Tappy? That would probably be helpful. And then copy it into a noting app because writing on the webpage is difficult.
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I think the stress is on the last syllable. gos-sit-AY. Actually, now that I'm looking at it, I've been saying it in my head as: gos-site. (liike the English word "site") Now I'm all indecisive.
Well I was stressing GOS in gos-sit-ay, but I don't think it's a big deal. I was just wondering. haha

Government? I don't think our government should go beyond mayor or governor. I figure, if they're not going to be involved in the story, then why mention them? You know what, I think I am cramping your guys' style.
Ahh, no, I don't have a style that can be cramped, really. I never had plans to mention a type of government anyway, so I agree. Either a little mayor or a king someplace else in the world that we never speak of because he doesn't do anything. Smile

@ Corinne- Well, techinically (and this might be why you don't remember), it's in Inkspell and Inkdeath. It's the city where the Laughing Prince (aka the Prince of Sighs) lives, and Cosimo the Fair, and her Ugliness, and I think Fenoglio too.
Oooooohhhhh yes now I see what you mean. I started reading Inkspell a long time ago and never finished it. I need to find it again. No (That is the "Corinne looking for book" face).

Corinne, what kind of creature is your avatar? It looks like a dog or a cat... but it's really cute.
It's actually a character from the video game Okamiden which is the sequel to Okami. The name of the character is Chibiterasu, and he/she is the son/reincarnation of Amaterasu from Okami. (The actual plot remains a secret because it hasn't been released yet).
I like the game for the characters, storyline, (which I hear is amazing but haven't gotten far enough into it to decide for myself) and the MUSIC which is soooo good in my opinon. I plan to cosplay as Amaterasu at some point in my life. I want to be a wolfie!
Okami: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Ckami
Okamiden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Ckamiden

Also, we should take a vote: Harbor town or Mountain town? It's up to you guys.
I vote harbor. Suspect

Oh, and how do you quote someone and make it say, "Member wrote" at the top. Right now I'm just copying and pasting, and I don't think that's right. Rolling Eyes
Corinne
Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Corinne wrote:
I think the stress is on the last syllable. gos-sit-AY. Actually, now that I'm looking at it, I've been saying it in my head as: gos-site. (liike the English word "site") Now I'm all indecisive.
Well I was stressing GOS in gos-sit-ay, but I don't think it's a big deal. I was just wondering. haha
Smile I think it'll be more funny to hear each other say it in real life one day and be like "What are you TALKING about!?"

Corinne wrote:
Corinne, what kind of creature is your avatar? It looks like a dog or a cat... but it's really cute.
It's actually a character from the video game Okamiden which is the sequel to Okami. The name of the character is Chibiterasu, and he/she is the son/reincarnation of Amaterasu from Okami. (The actual plot remains a secret because it hasn't been released yet).
I like the game for the characters, storyline, (which I hear is amazing but haven't gotten far enough into it to decide for myself) and the MUSIC which is soooo good in my opinon. I plan to cosplay as Amaterasu at some point in my life. I want to be a wolfie!
Okami: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōkami
Okamiden: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ōkamiden
You kids and your fancy French videogames. Mad LQTS.

Corinne wrote:
Also, we should take a vote: Harbor town or Mountain town? It's up to you guys.
I vote harbor. Suspect

Oh, and how do you quote someone and make it say, "Member wrote" at the top. Right now I'm just copying and pasting, and I don't think that's right. Rolling Eyes
Check your messages. Smile

Harbor: Ruthie, Corinne
Mountain: Dan,
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:24 pm

I vote mountain town.

What does LQTS stand for?
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:36 pm

Harbor: Ruthie, Corinne.
Mountain: Dan, Angie.

And with a sudden dash, Mountain town is now neck and neck with Harbor town! What will happen next? Who will take the lead? Only time will tell.

LQTS: Laughs quietly to self. It's more honest/realistic than LOL because most of the time we're not actually laughing out loud. LQTS.
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:55 pm

wow. there's way too much on here and i haven't been on in awhile, so does someone want to condense all of it into one post?
Sarah
Sarah

Location : In Musicland to cause discord in Angie's perfect harmony..at the drop of a hat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:41 am

Okay, so we pretty much decided that the town is called Goscite, and we are trying to decide if it is in the mountains or by the sea.
Other than that, it is just blabbering and musing over the possible economics of the town and stuff.

And, just to throw in my own two cents, I pronounce it "Goss-scite". So there.
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm thinkin...Arby's--erm, Mountain, sounds cool, then there can be scaling the mountain scenes, and a battle where they charge into the valley. Razz
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:29 am

Angie wrote:Other than that, it is just blabbering and musing over the possible economics of the town and stuff.
Blabbidy bleebidy blop. Smile Okay, it was a cool mental picture in my head.

Mountain: 3
Harbor: 2

That means the map I put in the chatbox the other day is now sleeping with the fishes. Neutral But I like the mountains idea anyway. Smile

What was that about Arby's?

Economics are so:
The people of Goscite trade with the ghosts to obtain artifacts from the netherworld. Also they mine mythril silver from the mountains. This is hardly enough to support the town, but comes into Ruthie and Corinne's plot that they made up in the chatbox on Friday. (Everyone should head over there and read that. Just click "archives" to show previous chats.)

Will post in the RP some time today but I have to work.

Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Dan wrote:What was that about Arby's

Their tagline is "Im thinkin' Arby's"
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:19 pm

How the heck do we get talking about Arby's from voting on a harbor or mountain town?? lol
Oh, by the way, I vote harbor. Makes more sense if we're a trading town.

And one more thing...

Dan wrote:they mine mythril silver

Stealing from Tolkien, Dan? Razz Heheh, just kidding; good thing it's not copyrighted, because that's a cool idea...

And is my signature showing up yet? scratch
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:12 pm

eLIZabeth wrote:Stealing from Tolkien, Dan? Razz Heheh, just kidding; good thing it's not copyrighted, because that's a cool idea...

And is my signature showing up yet? scratch
Shamelessly. Cool But World of Warcraft and plenty of other fantasies stole it first, so I think we're safe. Razz

You have to go into "profile" (at the top of the page) and enable it. I think it's a checkbox that says "display my signature" or something like that. Smile

So wait, are we still tied between mountain and harbor? Can I try to swing people over to the mountainside (no, I'm not going to make it two words) by saying that it makes more sense for a ghost-infested town to be excluded anyway?
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum