Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Description

+6
Dan
Kara
Corinne
Erin
Ruthie
Angie
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Character Description Empty Character Description

Post by Angie Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Okay, so I don't know about you guys, but I am becoming a little confused as to which characters are whose and which characters are who.
So I've taken the liberty of starting a Quick Cheat Sheet. Here are my characters:

Jimmy
Occupation: He is a waiter at the Halinpanas' Inn and Tavern and works to support his mom and sister (Go figure).
Description: He has scruffy reddish-brown hair and brown eyes and freckles. He usually is wearing cast-offs and second-hand stuff.
Personality: He is a really nice guy, honest and friendly, but has to work a lot and doesn't always have to for fun.
Other stuff: He lives in the Warren, the poor part of town. His best friend is a ghost named Fiona. He likes and is good at math, puzzles, and riddles. (yuck)

Fiona
Age: A ghost about the age of fifteen. (which means she's actually, technically older than that, but she'd appreciate it if you ignore that fact.
Occupation: Haunting people, and... something yet to be revealed!
Description: She has long red hair and intense blue eyes.
Personality: She likes to cause mischief and startle people, which she feels is all part of being a ghost. She doesn't really like being reminded that she is a ghost, and therefore dead, but she manages to ignore it most of the time. Underneath the troublemaker-ness, she is very caring especially toward friends, and is very loyal.
Other: Fiona has been around, well, a while, and knows the city like the back of her hand, better than most people. She knows almost every nook and cranny.

Last edited by Angie on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Character Description Empty Re: Character Description

Post by Ruthie Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 pm

I love Fiona already!! a sassy ghost girl= awesome!!! Smile
Oh yeah, right... my character... ahem...
Skye is a young girl of about thirteen with blonde hair and big pale blue eyes. She is shy and mysterious, yet kind and helpful. She doesn't know if she has parents, and has basically been living on her own in the village with all the ghost problems. Only friend is... I'll add that later, although I think it should be a ghost Smile... or an animal Very Happy
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:21 am

-Fern: I'm still throwing around her age, but I'll go with somewhere near 20-22. She has shoulder length slightly wavy dark brown hair, with brown eyes that nearly match her hair. She's short. Only 5" 3'. But that sort of comes in handy when sneaking around and thieving.

As far as personality goes she's loud, and loves friends almost as much as ale (Though she's tipsy after half a drink.) But she doesn't really trust anyone. Her childhood on the streets of a larger city taught her not to believe what everyone says, and for some reason she refuses to stay in inns. She's chronically late. Mainly because she oversleeps.
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:15 am

Ahh, thank you Angie. I needed this.
I like Jimmy. He seems sweet. Smile

I've always liked the name Skye. I can see Cyrus getting along with her.

With Fern, however, there will probably be problems. Wink

Cyrus
Hair: Very dark brown, straight hair that falls below her shoulders
Eyes: Chestnut with an occasional green outline
Clothing style: Very covered because she gets cold easily, but she likes bright colors.
Reason for being in this town of ever-changing names: She has to take care of her grandmother who is going to die at some point. Here's my idea. When a person dies in this place, the ghost of the person waits by their body to make sure that it is buried/cremated correctly. When Cyrus' grandmother dies, her ghost does not appear by her body and that creates some kind of disturbance. I'm hoping to tie her in with the Reapers. Maybe her dead husband is the leader of the Reapers, and she goes to join him. Cyrus can be dragged into everything because she is THE DESCENDANT OF EVIL MWAHAHAHA Razz
Personality: She doesn't care about much except for herself. She is angry that she is stuck in the town watching her grandmother when she could be in a big city living it up like she wants to. The ghosts don't amuse her, and she pretty much ignores everything around her. She is pretty miserable, but she doesn't want to confront those feelings of miserableness. She keeps her goals in mind and sticks to them. Shocked

Corinne
Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:25 am

Erin wrote: She's short. Only 5" 3'.

Being 5'3 and a half, 5'4 on a good, humid day where my hair is poofy, I am very amused by this description. Very Happy

So Ren is... a real character. She's about 18ish, very, very spoiled; a typical brat who is more concerned about her appearance than the starving child on the street corner. She has brownish blondish hair (with light blond highlights which she gets whenever they go into the city), brown eyes, and a thin, weakish stature because she mainly spends her time shopping or complaining, neither of which are good exercise. She's maybe 5'6, but she tends to wear sky-high heels all the time which brings her closer to 5'8. Her clothing is nearly non-existant which is a real act of rebellion towards her father as he tends to be more conservative than she.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:46 am

Lon is tall-ish, black hair, regular skin, green eyes, regular clothes.
He's quiet most of the time--A real peaceful phlegmatic--and always thinks before he speaks. The onlything that gets him riled up is the death of his father. He's still trying to figure out who did it. Lon has lived in The-As-Yet-Innominate-Town all his life.
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

https://thewritinggroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:23 pm

This thread's a good idea.

Pop is old geezer about I don't know, anywhere from like 65-75.
Charecter: He is mostly bald but has a long beard, he's always has his cane and sleek (yet very worn) black hat with him. He wears a white button down shirt with ages buttons undone at the top. And like all old dudes he wears suspenders!

Personality: Listens to what people have to say but he isn't afraid to say what he thinks. He is very expirenced an overall knows how to do most things, despite his age. So Pop is baiscially your typical old man!
Jimmy
Jimmy

http://www.jackracksdiner.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:48 pm

Name: Zier

Look:
Normal/tall height, short black hair, dark clothes with leather parts, leather shin guards under black pants that lead down to dark boots.

You may see some pattern here, dark Razz

Weaponry:
Longsword, highly polished and a set of throwing knives...that's it :\

And, yes, most of my characters are pretty much the same Razz

Temperment: Quite, keeps to himself, not easily excited

EDIT: They're all rather redundant come to think of it... :\
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Kara. I'm just about the same height, and I always feel short. I haven't grown since I was 14 and everyone I know is either taller than me, or growing taller than me. And because I feel short I see 5'3 as short. Razz
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Kara wrote:

Being 5'3 and a half, 5'4 on a good, humid day where my hair is poofy, I am very amused by this description. Very Happy
haha, Kara, that is exactly how tall I am, and that is also how my hair gets on humid days Smile lol
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 am

Ruthie wrote:
Kara wrote:

haha, Kara, that is exactly how tall I am, and that is also how my hair gets on humid days Smile lol

You guys make me feel short. Razz I'm 5 foot 2, eyes of.... brown, but still.
And loving it! Smile

Everyone:
I think it would be great if we could follow Corinne's lead and post our characters like her. So, like:

Name
Occupation
Description (how they look)
Personality

And anything else you can think of, like Denis threw in weapon. Thanks!
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Angie wrote:Name
Occupation
Description (how they look)
Personality

And anything else you can think of, like Denis threw in weapon. Thanks!

Okay, here's Lon re-posted. Smile

Name: Lon
Description: Tall, skinny, black hair, green eyes, thin, defined face. I guess he's wearing dark clothes, which would include a mysterious cloak in this story. His skin isn't really pale but it kinda looks like it because of his black hair.
For the most part Lon is dressed the same as everyone else in Town. The only difference is a necklace that he wears under his shirt and some braces that he wears because he can hold stuff in them.
Personality: He's quiet most of the time--A real peaceful phlegmatic--and always thinks before he speaks. The only thing that gets him riled up is the death of his father. He's still trying to figure out who did it. Lon has lived in The-As-Yet-Innominate-Town all his life.
Story: Lon was born and raised in Town. His father was killed recently by a criminal organization called the Crimson. Now Lon is trying to track down the man who did it. He knows it's someone in town hired by someone out of town, but that's all he knows.

I added a "story" section. Embarassed I think we should write anything that will help the other players remember who your character is. Although, the male characters are pretty easy since there are only three. Razz
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Angie wrote:
Ruthie wrote:
Kara wrote:

You guys make me feel short. Razz I'm 5 foot 2, eyes of.... brown, but still.
And loving it! Smile

I'm only sensitive about my lack of height (only an inch below the national average though! Smile ) because my father is 6'4, my mom 5'5, my little sister 5'8, and my other little sister about an inch below me and about to pass me and she's six years younger. Neutral My dad makes me feel like a shrimp and he laughs at me when I complain that I'm not even at his shoulder. :p

Retake on Ren:

Name: Ren Hitash
Occupation: Absolutely nothing, she just either sits around the house or spends her parent's money.
Description (how they look): She has brownish blondish hair (with light blond highlights which she gets whenever they go into the city), brown eyes, and a thin, weakish stature because she mainly spends her time shopping or complaining, neither of which are good exercise. She's maybe 5'6, but she tends to wear sky-high heels all the time which brings her closer to 5'8. Her clothing is nearly non-existant which is a real act of rebellion towards her father as he tends to be more conservative than she.
Personality: A brat. Self-centered, everyone is below her it seems, but she really at times can be quite sensitive. The only reason she acts the way she does is because she rarely sees what the "real" world is like, and hasn't even seen a single homeless person in her life even though she's lived on the border of a rather low class town.
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:10 pm

here goes:
Name: Skye Harken
Occupation: no job; orphan who has been living on the streets since the death of her parents five years ago (well, they really disappeared... connection with Reapers?? I'm not telling!!!)
Description: Petite, attractive girl with big, pale blue eyes, long, straight blond hair with bangs swept to the right side of her head. Pale skin color, rosy cheeks. Slender, walks very gracefully, even if she's running. Clothing style is anything inconspicuous: indigo cloak, brown trousers, forest-green vest, cream blouse. black finger-glove on her right hand.
Personality: sweet, shy, mysterious. Has a kind nature, and would willingly give to others what she has taken for herself. Gentle as well, loves animals (mythical ones as well as real), and has a curiosity of anything supernatural, since she believes it has something to do with her parents, as well as anything involving adventure and treasure. She is not greedy, however, she just likes adventure.
Weapons: A dagger that was given to her by her father. She knows it's special but she doesn't know why

@Kara: my 14 year old sister is like five nine, and my twelve year old brother is also taller than me!!!! stupid growth spurts.... when did mine come, if it ever did? lol

Last edited by Ruthie on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : weaponry needed to be added, as well as hair style :))
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:30 am

Haha I guess I started a trend. I'm like the person that starts an applause! Shocked Or not. Rolling Eyes

Anywho, I love me some old people.

Name: Beverly Melton (Townspeople call her "Bev" and Cyrus calls her "Grammie")
Occupation: Retired. She used to farm with her deceased husband (of 4 years) in the fields behind her cottage.
Description: 5' 4'' She has smooth, snow-white curly hair that falls below her shoulder blades. It is usually tied up in a ponytail with a vine. Her skin is smooth and pale, but wrinkles are beginning to show on her face. Her eyes are the same brown as Cyrus'. She is usually seen wearing a basic scraggly brown cloth dress that comes down to her knees. It has other random colors patched on in different places to "add life" to the outfit and she frequently attaches wildflowers to the shoulders. She believes that nature can keep someone young at heart and with the body.
Personality: A firecracker. She has more energy than her granddaughter by far, and she is more playful. She knows that she won't have as much time in the world as she would like to have, so she takes every opportunity she can to participate in anything interesting.
Corinne
Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 am

Aww... I love Grammie already:D
I think it's so cute when elderlies are so energetic; they bring out the best in you Very Happy Wink Wink I love you
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 am

Wow, who knew that all of you were within three inches of eachother? Razz
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm

I'm adding something scary to my character's bio: A picture.

I know it's pretty bad. Concrit welcome. Character Description Icon_smile (@Amy especially.)

Character Description Lon_ve10

The funny thing is: He doesn't have any facial hair, but I can't make it stop looking like he has facial hair. Character Description Icon_sad

Edit: @Corinne, @Jimmy. I think Grannie and Pop should hate each other at the start of the story and fall in love at the end. Razz
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:25 pm

I think it's a very good start Smile
bravo!!! cheers cheers cheers
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:24 pm

Dan wrote:Edit: @Corinne, @Jimmy. I think Grannie and Pop should hate each other at the start of the story and fall in love at the end. Razz

Old people romance! cheers Do it! Razz
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Kara wrote:
Dan wrote:Edit: @Corinne, @Jimmy. I think Grannie and Pop should hate each other at the start of the story and fall in love at the end. Razz

That sounds like fun. She still loves her deceased husband, but she can have a liking for Pop even if she hates his guts. She hates him with love. Twisted Evil
Corinne
Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Corinne wrote:
Kara wrote:

That sounds like fun. She still loves her deceased husband, but she can have a liking for Pop even if she hates his guts. She hates him with love. Twisted Evil

Laughing It sounds perfect. Although I suppose we should talk to Jimmy before we do anything too shocking. Razz
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Dan wrote:
Corinne wrote:
Kara wrote:

Laughing It sounds perfect. Although I suppose we should talk to Jimmy before we do anything too shocking. Razz

Ouch Shocked Shocked Neutral
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:25 am

Name: Rita

Occupation/Story Works for the Reapers but considers herself their slave. They killed her parents when she was 6; saw cute innocent Rita as a potential danger; and therefore raised her. To make sure she didn't try to escape, they put a seal on her parents' souls through black magic. The seal lasts for 15 years and when that's up they can rest in peace, and she can make her adieu. Until then, she's content with finding a girl to train to take her place once that time is up. What if she rebels? Then the Reapers will keep her parents forever, with a possibility of branding that nice big ol' tattoo on them complete with the blue beads. Rita's not a bad girl and certainly not evil. Rather, she's had a lot of bad stuff happened to her and she's willing to do anything it takes to be free. Her only friend is an old ghost named Cyn, who truly loves her and has been her support for the last 14 years. She's also quite fond of eavesdropping, hence being Rita's source of information.
Description: Long wavy red hair; gray emotionless eyes; 5'4; sports a dark colak for camoflague; wears short scrunchy boots with soft padding perfect for sneaking; and also has her longbow, quiver of arrows, saxe knife, and throwing kinfe on hand. The saxe knife is for hand-to-hand combat.

Personality She is melancholic and is usually pretty calm..that is, until you get into a brawl with her. yah, you don't want to do that. A Reaper took her under his instruction and showed her all she needed to know with that bow and knives, so she's pretty deadly. I've always pictured her as a cool collected person knowing when and how to act with pretty much every situation you give her. It was important for her to foster that skill early on because you can't act aggressively with the Reapers or show your emotions, for they can twist that around you and make your life miserable. YIKES! Her only downfall is her post-traumatic stress disorder. You would have problems too knowing that you're working for a cultish group that killed your parents! One more interesting fact about Rita is that she is a very lovable and kind person. But given her situation, she could only show that side of her to Cyn. When this is all over, her wish to move to the countryside with her benevolent parents. I love you

Last edited by Sarah on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I edited this post because I had a bunch of numbers wrong.)
Sarah
Sarah

Location : In Musicland to cause discord in Angie's perfect harmony..at the drop of a hat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:19 am

Ruthie wrote:
Dan wrote:
Corinne wrote:
Kara wrote:

Ouch Shocked Shocked Neutral

I don't think he'll mind. Smile

@Sarah/Rita. Wow. What a Face So cool. Does poor Rita still get to see her parents periodically?
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next