Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

+8
Ruthie
Angela
Sarah
Jaime
Erin
Angie
Kara
Dan
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) Empty [Fun] Anti-Gravity Pillow Fight

Post by Dan Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Welcome to our new home! Smile Since a lot of you don't know each other, I thought I'd take this chance to let you all introduce yourselves and then we can get the ball rolling. I can't wait to meet all of you although frankly you scare me a little bit. Just kidding! You guys are adorable, that's why you're here. Wink
But yeah. I'll give you over the weekend to get to know each other in this thread and then we can start an official brainstorming/spilling/squeezing/cleaning/squashing thread. Twisted Evil

By the way, no one touches the pirate smiley. pirat He's mine.

Edit: Caveat: This forum is public for the time being so don't post anything you wouldn't want creepers to know. Oy; I probably could have made that sound a little better.

Last edited by Dan on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

https://thewritinggroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) Empty Re: Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

Post by Kara Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:04 pm

.... pirat
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) Empty Re: Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

Post by Dan Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:10 pm

Ha! I changed my mind! I picked a different favorite emoticon and I'm not telling what it is. B-)

That was a brilliant introduction, by the way. Wink
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:40 pm

I am the most amazing person you shall ever meet. Luckily for you, I have chosen to grace you with my presence.

And I think I'll claim this face: alien
To give someone else the chance to be as cool as me and take the sunglasses one. Smile
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kara Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:45 pm

I can't tell if you were at all sarcastic there Dan, so hi, I be Kara and I'm an OCD yet random person who procrastinates more than humanly possible. The end.
afro
Kara
Kara

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Actually Kara, Angie, you technically know each other already.

Anywho, I wonder where the other are. [Looks at watch.]
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Erin Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:13 pm

I'm Erin. Sophisticatedly crazy and a little bit random. Write by heart, reader by trade. And boy, am I looking forward to this! bounce
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) Empty :)

Post by Jaime Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:05 am

So I'm Jaime.
I'm quirky, more of a poet but eager for prose, nerdy beyond belief, and a rabid consumer of literature.
And I'd like to claim the farao

Jaime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:56 am

I'm Sarah and I love to splash my sudden impulses onto paper. lol. I like to write. Yet, I'm always busy and I don't necessarily have the time to surf online like you nerdy people do. jkjk. Anywayyyyy... I'll post whenever possible so don't be frightened if I pop up now and then to share my ideas! and just so you know a little more about me, I currently have a fractured fibula and talus. aka broken leg. so take that! lol!
Sarah
Sarah

Location : In Musicland to cause discord in Angie's perfect harmony..at the drop of a hat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 am

Sarah! Smile Hello and welcome. cheers (For everyone's info, this isn't the same Sarah from Facebook, that's Sarah N.) Patchy participation is fine, just so long as we know you love us. Smile

Okay, I think this is going to be our core roster for now, though everyone should be working to recruit more suckers:
Kara: Always good for a little creepy, Kara's our expert on bending reality and making sure we're outside the box.
Angela: Angela knows more about high fantasy than anyone I know (also her writing rox my sox. Cool )
Erin: I've only read some of Erin's work, but what I read blew me away. She's good at showing and telling, so I look forward to see her world-building skills in the arena.
Jaime: Jaime claims she's not good at prose but I don't necessarily believe her. Either way she's going to be composing our epic ballads which our characters sing around the campfire in the middle of the night when the enemies are near at hand but the characters are too tired or oblivious to move.

Obviously you all have strong points that I haven't mentioned, but just so we all know each other's specialties and that we have specialties. Now that we've all timidly introduced ourselves and compiled our core roster, we can dive into the nitty-gritty plot/story/world-building in the brainstorming thread. Smile

Meanwhile, I'm tempted to convert this into a pillow-fight thread. Cool

[Turns off the gravity and fires pillows at Angie and Kara, sending them sailing away.]

Oh. This will be fun. pirat
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Wow, Dan, your introduction makes us sound like we're on a SUPERHERO TEAM!!!!! Now, we have to think of a good name for ourselves....

And I think this is yours... [throws pillows back at Dan]
Mwahahaha.
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Good idea, I just posted in the brainstorming thread and I think we should make that our number-one priority. king

[Angie's pillows merely enter an orbit around Dan and then sail back at her.]
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Sorry it took me so long to introduce myself. This week was supposed to be calm and relaxing...and then everything goes crazy. People moving all their stuff, the fridge broke, etc.

Anyway, my name is Angela. (not to be confused with Angie. Smile ) I love writing!! I've written lots of poems, I've written fan fictions, regular fictions, and I even tried NaNoWriMo last year... (that was a fail, due to having to write a term paper at the same time Neutral )
Everything's getting really busy, so I might not be able to contribute much, but I'll try.
Lastly, this is something that's probably important to know about me: I can be very very random. And sometimes bouncing-off-the-walls hyper. So I claim this smiley: bounce

Angela

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:10 pm

We should make you two change your usernames to Angela and Angie so we can tell you apart. Smile

*Trips people as they run to greet Angela.*
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I can't figure out how to change my name....

[pulls a pillow bazooka from her back pocket and fires it at Dan. The impact sends him cartwheeling into the far reaches of outer space]

Hey, Dan, your picture of Woody kinda looks creepy. Like, if Woody is evil, that's how he'd smile.
I need to figure out a cartoon avatar... I'm caught between Flik, Snow White, or Simba (who are basically my faves) and Sinbad or Jim Hawkins, which would be just cool.
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:34 am

yeah.....let's get this show on the road!! and i claim the cherry pillow-bomb thrower. cherry
Sarah
Sarah

Location : In Musicland to cause discord in Angie's perfect harmony..at the drop of a hat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:10 am

Angie, you weren't able to before, but you should be able to now just by going to "profile" (above). And I think you should go with Snow White, I'm starting to associate Snow White with you anyhow.
Who the salamander is Flik? confused

Drat! Sarah stole my cherry-bomb idea! Now I'm going to have to go with the rain of flowers: flower Mad
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:15 pm

YOU DON'T KNOW WHO FLIK IS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

He's from Bug's Life!!!! He's great!!! I love him!

I'll think about Snow White.... but know I've been thinking about using Meg from Hercules too.

EDIT:
I think I'm going with Danny (and Sawyer, I guess) for now... he wasn't even originally an option, but hey, that's just how I roll. Besides, Danny is awesome! He can sing and dance and he never gives up!
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:30 pm

I've never seen A Bug's Life, too many subliminalities. Wink

Who are those people?

*Stands by to welcome Raven with a good clobbering.*
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:11 am

Don't you love how I just change the topic titles all the time? I do that to confuse all of you. alien

Since this is now a social thread, let's get to chatting as well as whacking. Is anyone watching the World Soccer thingy? Who's winning?
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 pm

O thou foolish one!
Soccer doesn't matter- only the Stanley Cup matters.
Foolish and deprived.
You've never seen A Bug's Life?!?!?!?!? It's so great! And if you've never seen it... how do you know about any subliminalities?
Who are who? Danny and Sawyer? They're from "Cats Don't Dance", another good movie (even though it's not Disney). It's about this cat, Danny, from Indiana, who goes to Hollywood to become a movie star. However, when he gets there he finds out only humans get the good parts (primarily, a spoiled Shirley Temple look-alike, Darla Dimple). But Danny decides that he's not gonna let that stop him.... Smile
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:52 pm

BTW Angie, I love your cats don't dance avatar. That was my fave movie (among Ferngully, classic disney masterpieces, land b4 time, and secret of NIMH)when I was a kid
anyway, I am Ruthie, a corvid-loving, happy person. In my free time, I draw and write (sunny, I'm claiming this one haha) and frolic among flowery meadows with my fanstastical friends who are only seen by ME lol
I am crazy about anything avine and animalian (esp. bats and crows!!!) and Im so glad to have a chance to be part of writing group. NaNo was okay, but I prefer writing on the spot Smile
Cheerio!!!
Ruthie
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Well, I know at least... let me see... two people! I don't feel so lost anymore; besides that fact that I'm a total newb to RPGing and all this writing online. Embarassed But even the people who do know me don't really know me that well, so I better explain a bit.
I love to draw and write, and I have a wierd obsession with animals *high fives Ruthie* especially horses, which I ride on the weekends. I also play soccer, and tennis when I get a chance.
I'd love to stay, but I need to run at the moment; I wil try to get on a little late...
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi Liz! Welcome to RPGing! This is a very relaxed creative process, so there's not much to learn: We basically just discuss the story and try to make it bigger and better. Smile We've already got some pretty cool reading material in the other thread so hop over there and feast your brain on our awesomeness. Cool Then tell us what you think and anything that pops into your head; especially a potential character to play with. Smile

Speaking of characters: Enders! Rally to my banner! (Razz) We have to recruit more people! So tie them down and toss them in! Anyone you can think of who can use a mouse and type (mono-letter typers are accepted as long as they know Morse Code).
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:13 pm

OOO !! OOO!! You already recruited my friend Shannon, right?
I'm sure she would like this kind of thing. Especially since it's relaxed. (builds shelter out of cherry bombs and showers the Enders team with cherry shells.)

*gasp* We could call ourselves the E Team!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next