Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

+8
Ruthie
Angela
Sarah
Jaime
Erin
Angie
Kara
Dan
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) - Page 3 Empty [Fun] Anti-Gravity Pillow Fight

Post by Dan Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to our new home! Smile Since a lot of you don't know each other, I thought I'd take this chance to let you all introduce yourselves and then we can get the ball rolling. I can't wait to meet all of you although frankly you scare me a little bit. Just kidding! You guys are adorable, that's why you're here. Wink
But yeah. I'll give you over the weekend to get to know each other in this thread and then we can start an official brainstorming/spilling/squeezing/cleaning/squashing thread. Twisted Evil

By the way, no one touches the pirate smiley. pirat He's mine.

Edit: Caveat: This forum is public for the time being so don't post anything you wouldn't want creepers to know. Oy; I probably could have made that sound a little better.

Last edited by Dan on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

https://thewritinggroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

Post by Angie Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Dan wrote:I want to see Toy Story 3. But I hear it's really sad so I'm not sure. Sad
Ruthie wrote:Pixar rules epically!!!!!!
This. Cool

I'm not gonna lie.... I haven't cried this much since "Up." And in that one, I cried for like the first twenty minutes, and then again when he left the chairs behind.
Yep, I'm a sucker. alien

But it was still good... you can't not see it- it's Pixar. It's Toy Story. Duty Demands. I mean, really...

Despicable Me looks okay, but there's another one coming out, also about supervillains, that looked funnier, I thought. It's called "MegaMind."

@ Ruthie- Hey, when you put "Thorn Valley" as your location, is it supposed to be like where the rats of NIMH live? Just wondering...
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) - Page 3 Empty Re: Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

Post by Dan Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Oh yeah. Despicable Me looks real mature. I'll bet only the highest intellectuals will appreciate the high value of this movie. Smile
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:30 pm

Angie wrote:
@ Ruthie- Hey, when you put "Thorn Valley" as your location, is it supposed to be like where the rats of NIMH live? Just wondering...
indeed Smile I LOVE RATS OF NIMH!!! well, I love jeremy the crow more Very Happy hahaha

Last edited by Ruthie on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed fixing, duh :))
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Dan wrote:Oh yeah. Despicable Me looks real mature. I'll bet only the highest intellectuals will appreciate the high value of this movie. Smile
Indubitably.
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Denis wrote:
Dan wrote:Oh yeah. Despicable Me looks real mature. I'll bet only the highest intellectuals will appreciate the high value of this movie. Smile
Indubitably.

True, True... then I'm sure to enjoy it Very Happy
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:35 am

Okay, Dan can go see "Adventures of a Sea Cucumber" and we will all go see "Despicable Me." :p Smile Cool
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 am

Really!? Cool!

Did anyone go see fireworks for Independence day? Were they good?
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm

Nope, didn''t see any. THEY WERE AWESOME!!!
Denis
Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Dan wrote:Did anyone go see fireworks for Independence day? Were they good?
Yes and yes. Very Happy I went with some friends on Friday and saw the ones in Derby... which happen to go off about an eighth of a mile away from the firework display in Shelton, so we really got to see two shows in one place! They had an orchestra playing at Shelton, but there were probably about 100 people there 2 hours before the show started, and I hate crowds.

Hope everyone else had a good Fourth!
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 am

Dan wrote:Did anyone go see fireworks for Independence day? Were they good?
sadly no... too busy Sad
what about you??
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:16 am

I saw them on Friday by the mall--they were okay--and again at the beach. The beach ones were definitely better and we had a better view. It was really cool.

What's everyone been up to lately? I've been bogged down with yard work etc. (We're repainting most of our house) so I haven't been posting much, sadly. Sad Also I've been trying to get organized with all the stuff I have to do and projects I have running. Fortunately the Enders are at the top of the list. Cool
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Finished w/ summer bio class, am hoping to finish a book b4 summer is over Sad *tear* and posting like crazy on this forum Smile
lol
Next!
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Mmm, let me see, what have I done this week... nothing...and nothing...oh, oh, and I also did nothing! cool right! just kidding. I've basically stayed home all week, coming on here, watching murder mysteries, Twisted Evil and practicing soccer and basketball Basketball . I'm going to my horseback riding lesson tomorrow and an hour after that I'm taking a friend on a trail ride, which should be really fun, so that's the highlight of this week. I should really work on my story/book, but I always forget, darn it...

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, I am in love with these smilies... Twisted Evil Razz
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Corinne Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:12 am

Wow, I haven't posted anything here in a while. What have I been doing lately? Hmmm...I finished my online economics/political systems course yesterday, and I don't want to check my final grade...okay...I'm going to check right now. Here I go...

Shocked

Naw, the final grades aren't posted yet. Drat.

Anywho, I'm taking those classes online in order to free up my schedule to take orchestra. Of course, I had never played a string instrument in my life until this summer began, and now I'm trying to learn 5 years of cello in 10 weeks. Is it possible? I hope so. Sad
I have the musical knowledge already, but I'm having trouble making the instrument work correctly.

Please stop screeching at me, Mr. Cello.
Corinne
Corinne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Wow, good luck Corinne.
I probably shouldn't say how long I've been taking a string instrument, then... lol
orchestra is so much fun, you'll love it Smile
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Sheesh! While you guys, it appears, have been lounging around and indulging in gratuitous studying I've been floundering for my life! But I'm glad you're all enjoying yourselves. Smile

Good luck with cello, Corinne! As Dunkin' Donuts would say: YOU 'KIN DO IT! cheers
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Spain won!!! Yay!!! that was the longest game EVER! Spain won after about 130 minutes... whoo... that was a good game... oh, and in case you can't tell what I have been doing for the past 2 hours, I was watching the World Cup. Razz

eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:16 am

Well, let's see... what have I been doing lately... hmmm, a lot more than I thought, I guess.
I just came back from my uncle's cabin on a lake up north. It was really nice, beautiful weather, and it was fun hanging out and taking it easy with the family.
I've been trying to rewrite my NaNovel... yeah, so, I'm on page four, but it's coming. (Once again, does anyone know anything about cloud-seeding?)
I've been trying to figure out the dulcimer, which I borrowed from my cousin. So far, I can play a bunch of Christmas songs.
I just finished "Catching Fire" the sequel to "The Hunger Games", both of which are really good.

And just so everyone knows, I am going to be in Florida from Friday until... probably the Sunday after the next Friday. So, for like nine days. I won't be posting the entire time I'm away. Sorry, but, there's no computers on vacation. (if there was a shrugging face, I'd put one here.)

@Sarah- I like your location. Smile Yaloolah. SmileWinkSmile
Angie
Angie

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Since a few of us have been talking about studying...
My mom brought home the dreaded Algebra books yesterday. She and my dad say I have to review it over the summer so I'm better prepared for Algebra II this year in tenth grade. I got a C average last year, which isn't great for me, but it's not like I don't know the material... my teacher was working with individually a struggling student from March - June. She said to me "Just keep working on your own; do a lesson or two every day. You can correct your own papers and redo everything you don't get right." Needless to say, I didn't understand everything on first try, and had to work really hard to fix all those papers, and to grasp the concept. But that didn't stop my teacher from counting my first paper, the work I'd done when I hadn't understood it. So even though I had to do all that work to understand, the only thing I have to show my parents is a C. Grrr... Sorry, I turned this into a sort of rant... Embarassed
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:49 pm

@Angie: I'm trying to edit my NaNovel too. Slow going. Even though I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing. Like, I'm actually interested in the story, if I do say so myself. I'm so tempted to print the whole thing out and just edit it that way, though, but that's a lot of pages . . .

Basically all's I've been doing is being swamped. Neutral Lots of cleaning, working, pulling, lifting, and boring such like. Today I'm taking it easy and just doing fun stuff like drawing on the computer. And of course posting on here. Smile

And just because I haven't gotten to use it yet: lol!
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Dan wrote:@Angie: I'm trying to edit my NaNovel too. Slow going. Even though I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing. Like, I'm actually interested in the story, if I do say so myself. I'm so tempted to print the whole thing out and just edit it that way, though, but that's a lot of pages . . .

Oohhhh... that's right... TO THE EDITING BOARD!!! lol... I totally forgot about my novel Smile then again, with eighty pages, it, too will be slow going... very, very very, very... you get the idea Rolling Eyes
cannot wait to do it again!!! Very Happy YAY!! bounce bounce Arrow (whoops, bounced off course , Laughing )

Last edited by Ruthie on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : duh!!)
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Ick, you guys reminded me that I really need to edit my novel, too. The only problem is, I have read it so many times, that I think I tend to overlook a lot... *sigh* oh well, at least it's not too long, only about 22 pages.
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:57 pm

Okay, we have a serious opportunity here: We have four writers who need to edit their novels. (Actually five, I think Erin is working on her NaNovel too). We ought to be able to make this into an interesting project. Maybe a five-way novel swap? Cool That would be epic. Okay! Everyone pass your novel to the right and start commenting! Heheh. Is anyone interested in this?
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:18 am

sounds intriguing... I wonder if My novel is ready to be presented yet Smile doubt it... I'm rewriting a police investigation... the suspect IS NOT cooperating Smile heh heh

Last edited by Ruthie on Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 2b or not 2b)
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:09 pm

I think having a novel editing topic would be good, but my work isn't exactly presentable yet... if I could get it up to that, sure, it would be great! Or I could just use my other novel... cyclops
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next