Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

+8
Ruthie
Angela
Sarah
Jaime
Erin
Angie
Kara
Dan
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) - Page 5 Empty [Fun] Anti-Gravity Pillow Fight

Post by Dan Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to our new home! Smile Since a lot of you don't know each other, I thought I'd take this chance to let you all introduce yourselves and then we can get the ball rolling. I can't wait to meet all of you although frankly you scare me a little bit. Just kidding! You guys are adorable, that's why you're here. Wink
But yeah. I'll give you over the weekend to get to know each other in this thread and then we can start an official brainstorming/spilling/squeezing/cleaning/squashing thread. Twisted Evil

By the way, no one touches the pirate smiley. pirat He's mine.

Edit: Caveat: This forum is public for the time being so don't post anything you wouldn't want creepers to know. Oy; I probably could have made that sound a little better.

Last edited by Dan on Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

https://thewritinggroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) - Page 5 Empty Re: Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

Post by Angie Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Oh, I do that too! I copy pictures all the time- actually I stink at doing them out of my head, but oh well. You take what you get. I usually just copy Disney pictures, though. Real people are tough.

@Ruthie- Hey! Maybe you can help me out... there's this story book I remember from when I was little, but I don't remember the name. All I remember was it had a giant maze, like a hedge maze, in it and there were lots of marble statues of people. In the center of the maze was this glowing gold ball, on a pedestal I think. The pictures were really nice.
This has been pestering me for a while now. Smile But I can't figure out what it was.
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread) - Page 5 Empty Re: Fun with Anti-Gravity and Pillows (A Social Thread)

Post by Ruthie Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:11 am

eLIZabeth wrote:They, and of a lot of other brave people (including the daughter of the King) defeat Morgaroth, the worst enemy of the country.
Sounds like Mulgarath in the Spiderwick Chronicles BEST SHORTS SERIES EVAH!!!!!

@Angie: the story you describe almost reminds me of the Princess and the frog, where the princess is playing with her golden ball and it falls into a small pond... I assume you know that story... What a Face
Marble statues... hedge maze... One story that sounds like it is the Enchanted Castle, a 200 or so page story w/o pictures about this enchanted Castle (duh) but mostly about this enchanted ring that grants people wishes...
Has anyone read Wolves of Willoughby Chase, and its sequel Black Hearts in Battersea?? and ITS sequel, Night Birds on Nantucket?? (I haven't read all of that, tho)
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Ruthie wrote:Has anyone read Wolves of Willoughby Chase, and its sequel Black Hearts in Battersea?? and ITS sequel, Night Birds on Nantucket?? (I haven't read all of that, tho)

I read Wolves of Willoughby Chase!! It was really, really good... kinda creepy and mysterious. I didn't know there were sequels though; I'll have to reread the first and get the other ones too... study

Has anyone read The Dark is Rising books? Those are fantastic, too. They're a bit like the Chronicles of Narnia and LoTR with the bad vs good plot.
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:37 pm

eLIZabeth wrote:
Ruthie wrote:Has anyone read Wolves of Willoughby Chase, and its sequel Black Hearts in Battersea?? and ITS sequel, Night Birds on Nantucket?? (I haven't read all of that, tho)

I read Wolves of Willoughby Chase!! It was really, really good... kinda creepy and mysterious. I didn't know there were sequels though; I'll have to reread the first and get the other ones too... study

Has anyone read The Dark is Rising books? Those are fantastic, too. They're a bit like the Chronicles of Narnia and LoTR with the bad vs good plot.

I know, aren't they?? I didn't expect it to be a mystery or something-ish until I started reading a certain section Smile I liked Bonnie and Simon
Black Hearts and Battersea is a real mystery, however.

I saw the Dark is Rising, the movie, if that counts... lol
Ruthie
Ruthie

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:59 pm

I've never seen the movie... I never see the movies! Wink

Grr... now to totally change the subject... I am about to burn my history book. It is probably my least favorite subject at the moment. Taking notes is unbelievably slow. And painful. And useless. I. hate. taking. notes. in. history. Evil or Very Mad
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:42 am

Hey, does anyone know what happened to all the people here that never post anymore? You know, like Denis, Jimmy, and Kara? Are they still in this? Because you never know, it just might be Zier or somebody who has the final key to killing the Reapers!

Does anybody else ever use expressions that they picked up from books? Like "bubbly," "brain-missing," "flaming ammet!" or some other such saying?
Angie
Angie

Location : In MusicalLand, where everybody can sing and dance and will do so, perfectly synchronized, at the drop of a hat!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eLIZabeth Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:52 pm

@Angie - I use words and phrases that I pick up in other books all the time! Like the word "baleful". What a Face And "smarting" when describing the pain of a wound. Oh, and "Isildur's bane!!" Razz Just kidding on the last one... But after a while, some of the phrases I pick up become so normal to me I don't remember that they're originally from a book.

I don't know about Jimmy, Kara, etc. I hope they'll come back on because they had really good characters. Sad But for now I guess we continue without them?

I'm pretty sure this smiley hasn't been used once, so I'm using it. monkey I don't like monkeys... They are scary. And the animal most often possessed by a demon. Shocked No wonder no one posts that smiley.
eLIZabeth
eLIZabeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Yeah, I don't know what's up with them. They seemed all excited to be in the group. I think maybe they are afraid their posts aren't as good as other peoples. Come back lost ones! Your writing pwns too! Sad

In other news, I love my job. Smile
Dan
Dan
Game Host
"Sassy Moderator Boy"
Game Host

https://thewritinggroup.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5